Friday, June 1, 2012

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam!


Trevor and I were put in as primary teachers right when we moved in to our new ward.  We were teaching the 4-5 year olds, but in January the Sunbeam teachers asked if we would switch them classes – maybe it had to do something with the upcoming Sunbeam class having 12 kids!  Eek.  Well, you know me – I can never say no and I am always up for a challenge so we made the switch.  Trev and I seriously couldn’t love those kids more.  They definitely test our patience on some days, but they are a hoot!  Trevor works at the hospital every other Sunday so on those days I get the kiddos all to myself.  Some days go better than others as can be expected.  J

Some of the funny thing our Sunbeams have said –

I made sunbeams necklaces for the kids for their first week of primary.  I painted them, put their names on them.  I was pretty proud of myself.  Until…one little girl looks down at her necklace at says “Ha ha this is UGLY!” 

We had a lesson about Choosing the Right.  Trevor gave a little girl a scenario that if she was playing with her friend and her brother wanted to come play with them what should she do.  She thought about the question really hard and then responded, “I would lock him in his room until he stopped screaming.” Trevor said, “That wouldn’t be very nice and wouldn’t be choosing the right.” Then the little girl said, “My mom doesn’t choose the right.”

Another little girl must have been having a bad Sunday because she told me all in the same day – “I am not coming to church anymore because I don’t like any of you,” “I am telling on you again,” and  “I am going to rip your ears off.” Oh yes, that was one of the better days when Trev was not there.

In the middle of class one little girl began singing in a very serious and slow voice over and over  – “Who let the dogs out?...Who?....Who?....Who?...Who?” 

We do have boys in our class, but for some reason I can’t think of the funny things they have said.

Love those kiddos!   

No comments: