Monday, July 13, 2009

The Latest Slater 411

This summer I started coaching cheerleading at Elite Academy…and I can finally say I am starting to eat it up. It was a real rough adjustment for me to go from coaching high school cheer to All-Star cheer. The age difference and talent level really through me for a loop, but it is all starting to pay off. My little elementary cheer girls are starting to really catch on and I am enjoying them more and more.

This is one of the little stinkers on my squad. She is a hoot. I had the girls split up into groups and make up dances to the song “Dancing Queen” and these are the moves Bailee came up with. Definitely a dancing queen!



The gym has also asked me to start helping with their teenage squad and in the fall I will teach a tumbling class and a basic cheer class for girls that are looking to tryout for high school cheer. Life will be even more jam-packed but I can’t wait!As for Trev…I am super excited for the fellow. The middle of this August he will be going on a humanitarian trip to Mexico with the University of Utah. We are hoping this will help beef up his resume for medical school. I don’t know what I am going to do without him for a whole week though! It will be the longest period of time we have been apart since he got home about a year ago.

We are both loving life, being married, and can’t wait for this summer semester to end!

1 comment:

Heidi Madsen said...

Nat, please call me! I miss you and I would love to see you!

I bet those little girls just love you!