Wednesday, August 12, 2015

DIY Curtians

Like everyone, when we moved into our house I looked on Pinterest for decorating tips. One of the reoccurring tips was to hang your curtains higher to create the sense of bigger windows. Cool, that seemed easy enough. Wrong! I couldn't find curtains long enough and the long curtains I did find were way more than I wanted to spend. So, this was my solution. I made them...Kind of.

I am not fancy enough to make new curtains from scratch. So, I went and bought four grey Threshold curtains from Target and one white Threshold curtain. Same style and fabric, just a different color. 

I measured and cut near the top of the grey curtains. Measured how long I wanted my curtains to be and cut white strips from the white curtains accordingly (accounting for the length that would be used to sew the seam). Then, I sewed the three pieces (two grey, one white) together. Bam, my long curtains were done! It took me a couple of hours and saved me bunch of money. I love the way they turned out.

1 comment:

Bennie Dixon said...

Some of us make our way into new apartments and all we can do is just go with someone’s design either because we think making our own curtains is really time consuming or just near impossible to do. I like the way you’ve made it look so simple and easy to do. I will definitely try these tips out. You never know, I might just be sleeping on something big here.

Bennie Dixon @ Safeclean Wandsworth