Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

To say the least we were very spoiled this year for christmas.
Trev's big present was an iphone.
On my wish list were those reebock easytone shoes that supposedly tone your butt and thighs (cross your fingers...i'll let you know how they work.) I also got my all-time favorite gift that will never get old. A facial. :)
This was Trev's valiant attempt on trying to wrap my present...lets face it is not one of his talents, but I appreciate him taking the time to wrap my present. He was downstairs trying to wrap this for about a half an hour
Gifts from our families included rockband, leather jacket (for me), sport coat (for trev), super nice backpacking gear, flight and hotel to arizona (i'll explain later), well needed odds and ends, and gift cards. Thanks moms, dads, grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings!

We couldn't have asked for a better Christmas...well, maybe except for not having to throw up all night. Of course our first Christmas night together we were sick. Trev was feeling a little sick earlier on Christmas and when we got home the poor guy threw up. Only after saying I didn't even remember the last time I had thrown up did I feel a little quezzy and join my husband's sick state. It must have been a 24 hour virus or something because the next day we were fine. Gotta love our great luck!

New Years Eve was spent with a few of our good friends Logan and Lisa and Matt and Amy. We went to Tepanyaki and Sherlock Holmes. Not your typical New Year's Eve celebration but we had a good time together.

A couple months ago I told Trevor he could buy a motorcycle, but when he brought it home and told me how much it had cost I made him take it back. Typical woman who can't make up her mind, I know. To make it up to him I bought tickets to the Green Bay Packers vs. Arizona Cardinals football game in Arizona. We couldn't have asked for a better time to make a trip to Arizona. What a well needed WARM vacation from the cold weather!

We went to the Phoneix Zoo (which, by the way, is SO much better than the Hoggle Zoo).

Went to dinner with Trev's mission companion.

Visited the Mesa temple.

Just hung out and relaxed.

And of course, went to the game. Trev was like a little kid going to Disneyland for the first time. (For those of you who don't know Trev is a HUGE football fan.)

It was fun to get away and spend time together without the hustle and bustle of real life.

7 comments:

BreeAnn said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! I'm sad we haven't hung out in so long. :(
Lets get together like soon. Like this week we should go to dinner! (since school starts next week)How about like tomorrow or something?

arharward said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys had a great holiday and new year!
Natalie, It was so good to see you at Lifetime yesterday. It's been awhile and I was glad to talk to you for a minute! It reminded me of junior high. So fun. It reminded me as well that I forgot to invite you guys to the wedding reception. I had your address and forgot. I am so sorry.
Thanks for always being a great friend. You and Trev seem very happy! I'm so glad you have your blog, so we can stay intouch and hopefully I'll see you more at the gym. I love that place! Just walking in is inspiring to me...I just have to get myself there first!

Heidi Madsen said...

Alright missy, I am so sad I don't live closer. I never see you :( I love reading your blog though. You're a doll. What a lovely Christmas! What a fun trip. Oh, and we were at your ward on Sunday supporting the Obergs with Nora's blessing. Too bad we didn't see you. Were you sluffing?

arharward said...

Yeah Natalie, I've actually only done one of the core classes! Tried to make it to a yoga one, but failed to get there on time so I didnt walk in. The class killed me, so we might die together if we do one.
Let me know which ones you would like to go to and possibly we could make it work out that we could go together! My scheduale is all over the place,but I really am wanting to do a yoga class there at the gym sometime. Have you ever done yoga before?

Kylee & Russell Ahlberg said...

Oh my goodness! You guys had great seats to the game. I am so jealous!! One day we will have to make it to an NFL game! ;) It looks way fun!

Nicole said...

You guys are so cute. Let me know how those shoes work out for ya. :) Lets get together soon!

arharward said...

Darn it Natalie, I didnt look at my blog yesterday. I was at the gym around 6:45 last night too. I could have gone with you to the yoga class. I'm sorry. I always usually have my phone on me, so let me know. 8018156717