Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Slater's world as of late

My boss has been on maternity leave the past couple months and I have been given the opportunity to fill in for her while she is out. I planned an incentive trip to Bali, Indonesia in March. I left Trevor for a week in March to go on a cruise as a host to another incentive program. In April I planned and executed a day meeting in Anaheim, California for 1300 people. Probably the most stressful three months of my life! I needed to prove that I could execute successful events! It would be 9:30 at night and I would be at work just be starring at my computer racking my brain trying to think if I had forgotten anything. I have always been a list maker, but wow, lists saved my life these past few months! I am grateful for the learning experience and happy to have a couple of events under my belt, but I can't wait for my boss to get back in a week and a half. Yahoo!

Trevor is working as a phlebotomist at IHC on 5300 S. We love it there! IHC is such a great company to work for and there are so many opportunities to move up. He currently works 4 nights a week including every Friday night and every other Saturday and Sunday (yes, our weekends our a riot). J Hopefully this summer he will be able to get a job as a critical care tech working Friday night to Saturday morning and Sunday night to Monday morning. A crazy schedule, but it will be less hours and will work better for school.

Speaking of school, Trevor started his first semester of nursing school in January at Westminster! He is loving it, but it is definitely a LOT of work. Those who have gone to nursing school know what I am talking about. Hours of studying, lots of information, clinicals, papers, memorizing, and the list continues. Luckily Trev will get a breather and have the summer off from school, but will start back up full force in August.

We had cheer tryouts for Elite Academy a couple weeks ago. Yes, I am back coaching. I just can't stay away! I am so excited for my cute new squad. We had our first practice Tuesday and we are going to kick some butt this year!!!

In March Trev and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary by spending the weekend in St George. Woot woot. We love the S.G.

Trev and I have also been called to serve in the primary. The 4 and 5 year olds. Heavenly Father is definitely teaching me patience before I have children of my own. The kids love Trevor, but they definitely know how to get a rise out of me. If I ask them nicely not to do something and then ask them again, and again, and again - I swear they look at me and laugh and then we give each other the stare down for the next 5 minutes to see who is going to win the battle. Ha ha, yeah I'm working on staying calm with 4 year olds. J

Now, we're looking forward to some warm weather and summer projects on our house!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, lady! You ahve been busy. I feel bad I have canceled on lunch the last two times. I promise I want to see you guys, it just hasn't been my luck. I will try again in a couple weeks. I need to see you!