Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All this for $15 bucks?

Maybe someday I will finish my last post about Turkey...
But for now, I have too post about the greatest thing my friend Brittany told me about and I took advantage of.

Anyone ever heard of Bountiful Baskets? It is an organization that gathers fruits and veggies from around the state and provides them at a low cost. You sign up for the basket on Monday night and pick it up on Saturday morning. The basket includes 6 fruits and 6 veggies - all for only 15 bucks. Every week the food varies. The only catch is you have to volunteer every six weeks for each time you sign up. Not bad at all.
This Saturday I picked up my first basket
5 plums
7 peaches
Bag of apples
Bag of grapes
3 mangos
bananas
3 weird little fruits
12 corn on the cob
2 cucumbers
5 tomatoes
4 onions
10 peppers
Head of lettuce

What a deal! Thanks for a great shopping tip Britt!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I got mine this week too! I love it! I still need to post about it. Glad I Could help you out!

Rachel Angela Clark said...

I love "weird little fruits"! :) So good to see you a couple weeks ago!

Nicole said...

Sign me up! What a great idea! I know you are busy with convention so lets get together after. Love you!